Monday, June 23, 2014

INTRODUCTION

HELLO TCRIM 375 AND WELCOME TO MY BLOG. IN THIS BLOG I WILL BE LOOKING AT  MEN AND MASCULINITY IN PROBATION. THROUGHOUT THIS QUARTER I WILL EXAMINE THE CURRENT PROBATION SYSTEM AND THE ROLES MEN PLAY IN IT AND OFFER SUGGESTIONS ON HOW TO DEVELOP THE SYSTEM. MOST PEOPLE HAVE A GENERAL IDEA OF WHAT PROBATION IS, BUT NOT MANY REALIZE THE CURRENT RATIO OF MEN ON PROBATION AND THE PROBLEMS IN THE SYSTEM.

WITH MY CURRENT KNOWLEDGE AND INFORMATION I WILL BE STUDYING THIS QUARTER, I HOPE TO EXPLORE AND OFFER INSIGHT INTO THE ROLE MEN AND MASCULINITY PLAY IN THE PROBATION SYSTEM. MY GOAL IS TO NOT ONLY BECOME MORE EDUCATED ON THIS TOPIC, BUT TO SHARE MY KNOWLEDGE WITH THE REST OF THE CLASS. I ALSO HOPE TO SPARK SOME IDEAS OF CHANGES IN THE PROBATION SYSTEM.

2 comments:

  1. Fantastic introduction. Not too many people have chosen probation in the past; I am excited to see what you do with it. The fact that probation is so dependent on men's functioning within their communities makes it a rich context for change.

    Rich

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Marissa!
    I look forward to following your blog this quarter! I remember from our previous quarter together that you were very passionate about this topic and becoming involved in it. I am hoping that throughout the quarter I can learn a lot from you and this topic. Also, I am interested in seeing your suggestion on how to change the system and possibly helping you create changes.
    Looking forward to this quarter!
    -Ali

    ReplyDelete